Our new airbase will bring our operational and charity team together under one roof for the first time.
This will not only improve the service we offer, but will save money longer term and make it possible for us to expand our services in the future.
And its location, right in the centre of Wiltshire means we will still be able to reach anywhere in the county within 11 minutes, just as we do now.
Our aircrew, paramedics, helicopter and equipment are currently housed in our Operations Centre at Police HQ in Devizes and the lease and agreement with Wiltshire Police expires at the end of December 2017. The lease on our administration fundraising office in Calne runs out in January 2018.
Operating from two different sites has always been a short term measure whilst we found a site where we can create a new custom-built airbase.
Saving lives today, tomorrow
…and in the future
The new airbase will mean we can:
- Continue to provide an air ambulance to the people of Wiltshire, surrounding counties and visitors to the area.
- Optimise flying hours.
- Continue to offer a service free of charge.
- Save money.
- Attend more lifesaving missions – the demand on our services grows more and more every year.
- Maintain optimum flight coverage so we can continue to reach anywhere in Wiltshire within just 11 minutes.
- Engage with communities and deliver our accident prevention training programme for school children.
- Safeguard our operations with the latest technology and training facilities for our aircrew, engineers and aircraft.
- Have quick access to specialist hospitals.
- Become a world class centre for training and delivery of critical care.